Associate Technician, IT Services
Location: Reagan National Apt - Apt Auth (DCA-TRML)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 66449
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division.
- Responsible for assisting employees in all facets of end-user computing, which includes software/hardware installs, upgrades and overall maintenance of PC desktop/laptop systems and peripherals.
What you'll do
- Configures, installs, monitors and maintains IT users' desktop software and hardware; supports mobile workforce
- Provides consultation to IT users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems software
- Responsible for end-to-end problem ownership, resolution and communication with employees
- Provides on-site training to users
- Resolves and close tickets/work orders supporting end-user desktops and peripherals
- Responds to customer support issues escalated from the Helpdesk
- Contributes to desktop projects (global installs/upgrades) as a project team member
- Remotely diagnoses and resolves requests utilizing remote tools
- Troubleshoots and collaborates with other departments to assist with infrastructure related issues
- Documents customer interactions in incident management system including asset management
- Recovers data from hard disk drives and/or perform data migration
- Supports remote access for virtual private network connectivity as well as wireless/broadband connectivity for laptops
- Installs and configures local and network based printers
- Performs preventative maintenance
- Works various shifts, holidays, on-call and travel as required
- Follows management guidance, adhering to IT policy and procedure
- Performs other duties as requested
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Associate / Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience/training
- 3 years of demonstrable hands-on IT work experience supporting and resolving diverse PC desktop software and hardware issues
- Must have firsthand experience supporting desktop computers in a Windows/TCPIP environment
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- A+ certification
- MCSE/MCP is a plus
- Previous IT infrastructure experience in Airline/Airport environment
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Overall knowledge of all Windows based operating systems including Windows 10
- Familiarity with workflow and with ticketing systems
- Knowledge of VPN connectivity and ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to work independently and perform in a collaborative, team based environment
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself that s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 66449